Here's an excerpt from my little contribution, entitled "The Lilies at Laura's Wedding." Don't worry, I'll end it just as it's getting good.
She grabbed his hand, and hauled him across the bridge and down the grassy slope to the Cherwell’s bank. The lines of tied-together punts bounced against the concrete edging, the slow river whispering past. He followed her to the farthest line, beneath the shadow of Magdalen Bridge, where she crossed her arms in dramatic displeasure.
“Well? Hand me in like a gentleman.”
Neither of them attended Magdalen and so they’d no rights to these punts, but there was no sense arguing with Laura. He eased aboard, into the deep afternoon shadows, and helped her to follow. But she stumbled, or seemed to, falling against his chest and sending the craft to the end of its rope. His grace on water was no more secure than his dignity and he sat rather than fall, guiding her down beside him, and before he could give her room she ran her hands up his arms, across his chest, to his cheeks, and held him still while she stroked his lips with her own.
Something flamed inside him at her touch. His arms around her tightened, crushing her curves against him and arching her waist back over the till. Her head fell back, resting on his arm, and one hand gripped his hair as if to hold him where she wanted him. Beneath his kiss her lips opened, sucking him in and feeding the flames. His hand slipped below her waist, tracing that most luscious of curves, and meeting skin then lace and silk as she wrapped one leg around him and her skirt fell much higher than mid-calf.
See? You can help a good cause and read for weeks with one little purchase. Come on, you know you wanna. Even if the anthology isn't close to sweet.
Here's the Sweet List. Enjoy. Cheers,
1. Kay Springsteen, contemporary romance
2. Heidi Murphy-Paranormal romance, SF, romance
3. Marsha Ward~Westerns with Heart & Grit
4. Sharon Cullen, paranormal romance
5. Jenna Jaxon~Historical Romance
6. Carrie-Anne Brownian ~ 1970s historical fiction
7. Victoria Adams, contemporary romance
8. Marsha A. Moore – Fantasy romance
9. Sandra Nachlinger/Sandra Allen – Romance
10. Patricia Kiyono – Historical Romance
11. Leah Sanders – sweet historical romance
12. J. Gunnar Grey, historical fiction
13. Laurel-Rain Snow – Contemporary Fiction
14. Lindsay Downs-Suspense
15. Beth Trissel Historical-Paranormal Romance
16. Misha Tagliaferro – Paranormal Romance
17. Elaine Cantrell contemporary romance
18. Mickie Sherwood – Mainstream Romance