“Here you are,” Caren said from the doorway, “in my favorite room.”
She’d changed from jeans and tee-shirt into denim shorts and a cute, flimsy, button-up blouse. Judging from the motion beneath the cloth she’d dispensed with restraints, which could be symbolic. Whatever; the morning was definitely looking up.
She settled one hip on the armrest, on my right side. Since she had to pass by my left, sore side to get there, I figured that was deliberate and therefore felt no compunction against slipping my arm around her and drawing her closer. She didn’t resist.
“Can’t sleep?” I swiveled in the chair.
Her breasts were at eye level. She snuggled even closer. I got a good look at the movement, the small points beneath the thin cloth. I was right. Her bra, and therefore my kid gloves, were off.
“Mmm.” She sighed and leaned on my shoulder. “There’s just something about this room.”
I glanced higher, along the curve of her neck. Her pulse raced, fluttering in her neck, almost matching mine, and my breathing quickened in response. She smelled of lavender and faintly of sweat, and I never smelled anything quite so attractive in my life.
“The room, is it?”
She leaned down and kissed me, and this time was different from all the times before. This was deeper, stronger, more intense. Her fingers stroked through my hair, lightly, then cupped my face as her mouth opened. She tasted vaguely of schnapps, and I couldn’t help but wonder how much she’d drunk and why. Whatever her reasons, it tasted good against the remnant of coffee.
“I will never rearrange the furniture in this room.”
“Can you reach the light?”
And that's about as spicy as my writing gets.
Below's the Sweet List. Cheers,
1. Kay Springsteen, contemporary romance
2. Rachel Rossano - romantic fantasy
3. Sandra Nachlinger/Sandra Allen - Romance
4. Carrie-Anne Brownian ~ 1970s historical fiction
5. Lindsay Downs-Historical Romance
6. Laurel-Rain Snow - Contemporary fiction
7. Joselyn Vaughn ~ contemporary romance
8. J. Gunnar Grey, mystery~adventure & Regency
9. Sarah Ballance (sensual romantic suspense)
10. Susan Aylworth, contemporary romance
11. Jenna Jaxon~Historical Romance
12. Elaine Cantrell, romantic suspense adventure
13. Marsha Ward~Westerns with Heart & Grit
14. Tmonique Stephens, paranormal (mild language)
15. Leah Sanders - sweet historical romance
16. Rachel Van Dyken - Romance
17. Liz Botts-Western Romance
18. Iris Blobel - Contempory Romance
19. Mirriam Smyth - Contemporary
20. Sherry Gloag ~ Contemporary Romance
21. Patricia Preston~historical romance