The Spartan shuddered long and hard, like a dog shaking off bathwater. This time, each jerk came complete with its own little pop, not quite drowned out by the rumbling.
“Microcharges,” Sherlock said. “My boss is dead meat walking.”
Both engines quit simultaneously. No warning. One moment they hummed away, more or less steadily and cheerfully enough; the next, nada.
“If, of course, you survive that long,” Pat murmured.
“Well, isn’t that lovely.” Wings pursed his lips, mustache twitching, and glanced at Sherlock. “Might want to strap in. There’s a ruddy great cliff somewhere up ahead and unless the cloud cover breaks, we might glide in beneath it rather than atop it.”
When the NATO Rapid Response intelligence team's boss initiates a training program, he doesn't pull his punches.
Thanks for stopping in. The #SweetSat list is copied below for your convenience. Click around some and have fun, you hear?
1. Ann Cory, sensual romance genres
2. Rachel Rossano - romantic fantasy
3. Kay Springsteen-contemporary/regency/surprise
4. Sarah Ballance (sensual romantic suspense)
5. Sharon Cullen Romantic Suspense
6. Sandra Nachlinger/Sandra Allen - Romance
7. Benjamin Wallace - Humor
8. Jenna Jaxon~Historical Romance
9. Bri Clark, paranormal
10. Marsha A. Moore - Fantasy romance
11. Patricia Kiyono, romance
12. J. Gunnar Grey, mystery~adventure
13. Carrie-Anne Brownian ~ 1970s historical fiction
14. Chynna ~ YA
15. Marsha Ward~Westerns with Heart & Grit
16. Lisa Beth Darling~Adult Paranormal Romance
17. Rebecca Sinclair, historical romance (language)
18. Lindsay Downs-Womens Lit
19. Mirriam Smyth - Contemporary Romance
20. S.G. Rogers - romantic fantasy
21. elaine cantrell contemporary romance